Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Ada Lovelace was a 19th century mathematician and peer of Charles Babbage, inventor of the Analytical Engine (and early mechanical computer). She invented recursion/looping in computer programming.
Contributions to ProgrammingEdit
Ada Lovelace is considered by many to have been the world's first computer programmer. She wrote programs for Babbage's Analytical Engine, and anticipated the impact that computers could have.
- "I want to put in something about Bernoulli's Number, in one of my notes, as an example of how an explicit function, may be worked out by the engine, without having been worked out by human head and hands first." -Lovelace to Babbage, 1843
- The US Department of Defense named the programming language 'Ada' after Lovelace in 1980.
- The Ada Initiative , "a non-profit organization that seeks to increase women's participation in the free culture movement, open source technology and open culture".
- Ada Lovelace Day
- Ada Developers Academy
- Wikipedia: Ada Byron (Ada Lovelace)
- Ada Lovelace, the First Tech Visionary . New Yorker, 2013
- The Ada Initiative