Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Benevolent sexism is a variety of sexism that is, on its surface, positive ("benevolent") toward women.
- "Women are so good at communication" (Essentialism)
- "Women are great at understanding the user, so you should work on the front end" (Pigeonholing)
- "Women are too smart to work long hours for little reward" 
- "Women are more interested in applications of technology to help people than in theoretical work" (a view expressed in Unlocking the Clubhouse which was later debunked)
- "Women are nicer and more polite than men" (when stated without acknowledgment that women are systematically punished for not being excessively polite and deferential)