A bingo card in online feminist discussion is a square (usually 5×5, with the centre square being free space) of oft-seen catchphrases, actions, or ideas signalling typical anti-feminist (or racist, ableist, etc) arguments or attitude.
Usage and interpretation Edit
Generally speaking, meeting one square on a bingo card is not necessarily a sign of a problem, but meeting several either in one comment or when explaining your position over several comments, is considered a sign of either a concern troll or allies who need more feminism 101 background reading or a privilege check. In theory one would play bingo with them, ie, checking off spaces as they're met, and wait for someone's arguments to match an entire row or column--in practice they act as more of a checklist, and actual bingos and especially multiple bingos coincide with a mostly full card.
The cards may be derived from the idea of buzzword bingo in geek circles, in which bingo cards are made for corporate-speak ("synergise", "human resources", "re-deploy") and geeks in a meeting wait to see who is first to get bingo on a row or column.
Bingo cards relating to Geek Feminism Wiki's mission Edit
Anti-feminist bingos Edit
Lauredhel has assembled two anti-feminist bingo cards:
- Anti-feminist-Bingo! A master-class in sexual entitlement. (sexist attacks, anti-feminist catchphrases and arguments)
- AntiFeminist Bingo 2 (more of the same)
- AntiFeminist Bingo 3 (and more)
- Anti-feminist concern troll rhetorics
- Anti-feminist troll rhetorics
- "Entitled Manbaby Bingo"
- Very condensed rhetoric bingo on STFU 9gag
Geek feminist/online culture bingos Edit
- Defense of sexist jokes
- Defense of anti-pseudonym policy
- Defense of sexism in games
- Defense of bikini armor
- Defense of sexism in Western comics
- Defense of sexism in Go programming language
- Gamer Girl Bingo
- Games "for her"
- Defense of porny presentation
- Parenting choices (including many mother-specific spaces)
- Rape apologist rhetorics
- Political group rhetorics I
- Political group rhetorics II
- Two bingos for anti-breastfeeding rhetorics
- Anti-childfree rhetorics
- Responses to reporting sexual harassment/violence
- Toxic masculinity clichés in entertainment