This wiki has a list of Conference anti-harassment resources, designed for conference organisers and volunteers to use to create a safer environment for delegates.
Adopting a policyEdit
An anti-harassment policy is a core part of creating a safer environment. A policy makes it clear that the conference is willing to act on reports of harassment.
See Conference anti-harassment/Policy for a sample policy you can adapt for your conferences.
- Conference anti-harassment/Policy resources has implementation considerations for conference organisers (including answers to common questions and concerns).
- Conference anti-harassment/Adoption has a list of conferences who have adopted this or similar policies.
- Conference_anti-harassment/Adoption/SFF has a list of speculative fiction fandom conferences who have adopted this or similar policies.
- Conference anti-harassment/Actions has a list of actions individuals can take in support of anti-harassment policy adoption.
- Conference anti-harassment/Schwag has buttons, stickers etc in support of policy adoption.
- Conference booklet template is an example program/booklet template for handing out to attendees that welcomes women.
- Conference anti-harassment/Reading has a list of further reading you can do about conference anti-harassment policies, including blog posts from various communities.
Enforcing a policyEdit
A duty officer is a conference staffer who is on-hand to do first response to serious incidents, like harassment reports. See Conference anti-harassment/Duty officer for a description of duties and resources.
The key to committing to anti-harassment for your events is responding to reports as quickly as reasonably possible, with the aim of making your event safe from harassment. See Conference anti-harassment/Responding to reports for resources on how to respond when harassment is reported at your event.
Some conferences or conference events and activities are more risky than others and you may wish to make special arrangements to improve people's safety at these events.