Ada Lovelace Day posts Edit
Female geek role models are important for inspiring young girls into getting into IT, and for helping both young girls and boys develop positive perspectives towards women in technology.
Ada Lovelace Day blogs about women - add links to your role model writeups here, with a short description for each:
- Valerie Aurora:  and , Linux kernel hacker.
- Donna Benjamin:  &  community organiser extraordinaire.
- Marie Curie: , physicist, chemist, first person ever to win two Nobel prizes, and much more.
- Mary Gardiner:  promoter of women in FOSS.
- Grace Hopper: , computer scientist and Rear Admiral in US Navy, developed the first compiler for a computer programming language.
- Pauline Middelink  Linux kernel developer
- Stormy Peters:  community manager, GNOME leader
- Silvia Pfeiffer:  a software developer, project manager, AV guru, Open Source project lead for Annodex, Open Media advocate and more.
- Allison Randal:  and  coder, writer, organiser
- Jacinta Richardson:  Perl trainer, community manager.
- Tabitha Roder: , Wellington's OLPC/Sugar leader.
- Bess Sadler:  hacking on library software, bringing library software to the Third World
- Karen Spärck Jones: , computer scientist and original developer of Inverse Document Frequency metric
- Pia Waugh: ,  and  - an open source advocate with endless energy.
Websites listing female geek role models Edit
Other websites/pages with female geek role models. Please feel free to update the wikia pages with more