Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Your communication requests a free feminist review of your (check all that apply):
personal or commercial project. Your request for a review is refused. Here are the reasons why it is refused.
On trivial inspection, your project suffers from the following flaws (select all that apply):
- this is obviously your homework assignment
- you have clearly skipped your institution's ethics review process
- you have no idea how to bring this project to market
- you used the word "crowdsourcing"
- your entire project is predicated on having women work on your project for free and then selling their work for lots and lots of money
- your project is large-scale-only: effort spent on your project will be wasted if not every Internet user/child/woman/living person in the whole world signs up to it
- your project is closely related to one or more existing successful woman-led feminist projects, of which you seem unaware
- in addition, I personally run one of these projects of which you seem unaware
- just your project prospectus is sexist or even misogynist
- you seem to be doing this largely to expand your social circle because you have no female friends
- and the way you went on to repeatedly tell me about your lack of female friends was not as enticing as you thought
- you seem to be doing this largely to expand your dating circle
- your project is very uncompelling
- your project is absolute crap
In addition, your request suffers in these respects (select all that apply):
- you regard me as pretty much interchangable with any other woman and have contacted me on the sole grounds that I can represent the woman point of view
- I am very clearly the only woman you know of
- you have seemingly spammed every woman on the planet with this request
- you have an enormous sense of entitlement to my time and attention on no other grounds than that I am a woman
- you're developing a commercial project and asking for many hours of free consulting
- you are asking for help at the last possible moment, after months or years of apparently no consideration of women
- you appear to be making this request in order to figleaf an otherwise sexist or even misogynist project
- you make passive-aggressive implications that refusal to help you will prove that feminists are reverse-sexist
- you describe women as "females"
- you describe adult women as "girls"
- you imply that adult women are a complete write-off as far as social change goes and that focussing on girls is not only one option, but the only option for change
- you are asking privileged women to speak on behalf of other women
Also, on a quick glance, your project description fails to account for:
- the ill-advisability of attempting to create the One True Women's Resource as your very first substantial project
- the ill-advisability of having an all-male team tell women and girls what they want
- women possessing agency even in the presence of enticing advertisements for lipstick
- the existence of people who are both women and members of another oppressed class
- the existence of people who have a non-binary gender id
- the patriarchy
- the kyriarchy
The following philosophical objections may also apply:
- speaking on behalf of all women everywhere is impossible
- not all women are interested in babies, crafts, makeup, shoes, weddings or celebrity gossip
- women who are interested in any or all of babies, crafts, makeup, shoes, weddings or celebrity gossip are not unspeakably contemptible
- not all women are mothers or intending mothers
- mothers and intending mothers are not unspeakably contemptible
- not all women are heterosexual
- not all women have vaginas, uteruses and/or menstrual cycles
Hope this helps! Have a nice day!