Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Finding a therapist, counselor, or psychiatrist who is aware of gender and other discrimination issues in geek culture can be a challenge. This page is an informal list of professionals who have worked with geek feminists in the past, or who have indicated that they have read through the Geek Feminism Resources for therapists page. If you're adding a professional you've worked with, please seek their permission first before adding them to this list.
- Phone number, URL
- Insurance accepted, if applicable
- Area of practice (counselor, therapist, psychiatrist)
- Has worked with a geek feminist or read the Resources page?
- Other notes
- Kim Paulus
- Oakland, California
- 510-394-5820 http://www.kimpauluspsychotherapy.com/
- Insurance accepted: unknown.
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
- Has read the Resources page.
- From her Web site: "I bring a background in social justice activism and organizing and my own experiences with oppression allow me to bring a sensitivity to how being different in the world can impact one’s inner experience and relationships with self and others. My personal cultural experiences give me particular competence working with people of Asian descent and those who come from mixed race backgrounds. While my experiences may not be identical to yours, I welcome the opportunity to explore your goals and challenges through a respectful and compassionate lens informed by social justice thinking."
- Cat Pivetti
- Portland, Oregon
- Accepts insurance. Sliding scale.
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- Has worked with geek feminists. Has read the Resources page.
- Isabel Diamond
- Berkeley and East Bay, California
- Sliding scale, can offer receipt for use with insurance or FSA account.
- Marriage and Family Therapist Registered Intern #85984
- Supervised by Rawna Romero MFC #41466 at Grateful Heart Holistic Therapy Center
- Has worked in high tech for 15 years, degree in Computer Science, has read Resources page.
- Specializing in low fee individual and couples therapy, including for high-tech workers / techies / geeks.