Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|TRIGGER WARNING This article or section, or pages it links to, contains information about sexual assault and/or violence which may be triggering to survivors.|
During the 2009 women in FLOSS discussions many FLOSS developer blogs received comment from MikeeUSA which among other things defended Hans Reiser's murder of his wife and called for the repeal of many rape laws. This comment also specifically attacked two Geek Feminism blog authors and also Carla Schroder who was covering the discussions for LinuxToday and was highly critical of FLOSS's sexism.
- Mikee posted code on SourgeForge that contained comments opposing women's suffrage and women's rights. 
- The blog warned its readers about Mikee and included documentation of previous incidents: PSA: MikeeUSA’s hate speech and harassment
- Mikee's GPLed code was removed from Sourceforge due to a terms of service violation: Not in my neighborhood: mikeeUSA removed from sourceforge
- Mikee (using the alias Mikhail Kvaratskhelia) sent a letter of complaint to Eric Raymond, Richard Stallman, Linus Torvalds, and Bruce Perens about the removal of his code from Sourceforge.
- Eric Raymond blogged about the incident, saying it was acceptable for Sourceforge to enforce their TOS, but that Beth Lynn Eicher was unacceptably suppressing Mikee's free speech by bringing the TOS violation to Sourceforge's attention. .
- There are no known responses to date from Richard Stallman, Linus Torvalds, or Bruce Perens.
- After the removal of the code from Sourceforge, Geek Feminism bloggers posted the code in their own repository, with cleanup and removal of anti-women content: MikeeUSA’s code, now available on geekfeminism.org