linux.conf.au is a Free Software technical conference held in annually in January in an Australian or New Zealand city since 2001, following on from the CALU conference held in 1999. It is known for attracting a high number of international attendees, particularly from the Linux kernel and X.org projects. The conference has a competitive three day main programme which is preceded by two days of community organised miniconferences. Silvia Pfeiffer's Foundations of Open Media Software workshop has been held immediately beforehand for some years.
Mary Gardiner has been the chair or co-chair of the programme committee for the 2008, 2009 and 2010 conferences. Several lead organisers have also been women, including Pia Waugh (2007), Donna Benjamin (2008), Leah Duncan (2009) and Susanne Ruthven (2010).
Women involved with organising LCA Edit
- Pia Waugh - director 2007
- Mary Gardiner - papers committee (co-)chair 2008-2010
- Donna Benjamin - director 2008
- Leah Duncan - director 2009
- Susanne Ruthven - director 2010
- Sarah Smith - 2011 org committee, conf anti-harassment policy
- Brenda Wallace - accomodation, papers commitee and funding programmes 2010
- Jayne Wallis - open day 2010
- Heather Bucannan - art director 2010