This page lists team FLOSS projects that are either:
- led by a woman or a team comprising mainly women; or
- developed primarily by women.
Precise statistics are hard to gather, but as a guide projects that meet these criteria are listed:
- have a Benevolent Dictator For Life (or equivalent technical leader) who is a woman;
- have a named leadership team/foundation committee etc that is > 50% women; or
- have > 50% of their patches contributed by women
Single-woman projects (projects with only one developer) are not listed.
In alphabetical order by project name.
Projects with a majority of women contributors Edit
- Dreamwidth is a fork of LiveJournal's codebase with about 70% female contribution among those who disclosed their gender.
- The Organization for Transformative Works Archive Of Our Own software is GPL'd and is probably the largest predominantly-female open source project in existance, with about 150 contributors, almost all women.
- Growstuff is an open source app to track planting and harvesting food, with about 60 developers, somewhat more than half of which are women
Multi-developer projects with a woman technical lead Edit
- Annodex was developed under the technical leadership of Silvia Pfeiffer, who continues as President of the Annodex Foundation.
- The Parrot virtual machine is developed under the technical leadership of Allison Randal.
See also Edit
For individual women participating in Open Source, see List of women in Open Source