The Rainbow PUSH Coalition, led by Rev. Jesse Jackson, became heavily involved in tech industry diversity issues (especially representation of African American and Latino people on Silicon Valley boards and leadership teams) in 2014. The specific webpage for this initiative is Rainbow PUSH Silicon Valley.
Campaigns and other activities Edit
- In March 2014, Rev. Jesse Jackson spoke at an HP shareholder meeting, launching an initiative for digital inclusion, and citing
- In July 2014, launched a campaign for Twitter to release their diversity data, to happen in conjunction with Netroots Nation conference. Hashtags: #disclosetwitterdatanow, #twitterdata
- In December 2014, orchestrated a summit of major tech companies to discuss "Diversity 2.0"
Further reading/viewing Edit
- Rainbow Push Coalition, Rev. Jesse Jackson Challenges Silicon Valley on Diversity (video, no transcript available)
- USA Today, Jesse Jackson: Tech Diversity is Next Civil Rights Issue (auto-playing video, no transcript available)
- Press release, Rev. Jesse Jackson Challenges Silicon Valley at HP Shareholders' Meeting
- Fortune.com, Jesse Jackson Talks Diversity in Silicon Valley