Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This page of resources are for women in geek communities, to help us get emotional support and avoid burnout. Obviously the whole wiki is a resource, and there are links to resources on particular topics, but this is more about how to be a Geek Feminist without wearing yourself out.
Dealing with ignorance and stupidity Edit
- Privilege checklists -- for helping privileged people understand their privilege
- Bingo cards -- to point out common arguments, fallacies, and derailments in a humorous way
- Finally, a Feminism 101 Blog -- for answering FAQs about feminism (just point people straight there)
- Freenode Feminist's List of Educational Resources
Emotional support Edit
- Join a mailing list, IRC channel, or other forum where you can talk to other women and express your frustration
- Step away from the computer. Go outside, get some fresh air, exercise, a meal, or a stiff drink.
- If you need to, take a break from the community that's frustrating you. Gafiate.
- Find a supportive community in a completely different field, whether it's family, a hobby, a church group, or whatever. Surround yourself, at least some of the time, with people who don't stress you out.