This page of resources are for women in geek communities, to help us get emotional support and avoid burnout. Obviously the whole wiki is a resource, and there are links to resources on particular topics, but this is more about how to be a Geek Feminist without wearing yourself out.
Dealing with ignorance and stupidity Edit
- Privilege checklists -- for helping privileged people understand their privilege
- Bingo cards -- to point out common arguments, fallacies, and derailments in a humorous way
- Finally, a Feminism 101 Blog -- for answering FAQs about feminism (just point people straight there)
- Freenode Feminist's List of Educational Resources
Emotional support Edit
- Join a mailing list, IRC channel, or other forum where you can talk to other women and express your frustration
- Step away from the computer. Go outside, get some fresh air, exercise, a meal, or a stiff drink.
- If you need to, take a break from the community that's frustrating you. Gafiate.
- Find a supportive community in a completely different field, whether it's family, a hobby, a church group, or whatever. Surround yourself, at least some of the time, with people who don't stress you out.