Science is a group of fields where women are in a significant minority. Some subfields of science, most famously biological and medical sciences, are beginning to approach gender parity or even become female dominated, although this is not necessarily true at all career stages.
- Invisibility (Ada Lovelace Day was created to counter this)
- Here with my boyfriend
- Motherhood: scientists are often expected to make their major career contributions between about 30 and 40, exactly the same time as scientists who want to become pregnant and raise young children are likely to devote energy to that.
- Lawrence Summers statements on women in science
- Invisible Woman -- a female science professor is ignored by a distinguished visitor.
- Distinguished schmuck visits, misbehaves -- response to the previous link, with notes for allies.
- Sports Illustrated interviews Summer Williams -- Williams is an aerospace engineer and also a cheerleader; she said she hadn't realized she could inspire anyone until she volunteered at a summer cheerleading program
- John Tierney’s Daring to Discuss Women in Science
Female scientists Edit
- List of women in physics
- List of women in astronomy and astrophysics
- List of women in chemistry
- List of women in biology
- List of women in Computer Science
Further reading Edit
- Girls take top honours at national science contest (Feministing)
- Women in Science: Leaky pipes, glass ceilings and slippery slopes (European Professional Women's Network)