Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Sex-positivity is the idea that sexual freedom is an essential component of a person's freedom. Its roots lie in the branch of feminism established in the early 1980's to oppose apparent sex-negativity in branches that campaigned for abolition of pornography.
Sex-positive feminism encourages:
- end of slut shaming, prude shaming, and kink shaming
- inclusiveness of gender- and sexual minorities
- freedom of sexual activity between consenting adults, uncontrolled by legal or social institutions.
Sex-positive feminism has been criticized of implying sex-negativity in other, non-explicitly sex-positive forms of feminism. However in contemporary feminism, sex-positivity is more of a common thread than a separate branch.
- Yes Means Yes, Visions of Female Sexual Power and a World Without Rape
- Pervocracy, a blog of kink, sex, and feminism