Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
OSCON 2009 occurred July 20-24 in San Jose, California, USA.
Allison Randal is one of the Program Chairs for OSCON 2009, and is delivering the Welcome on the first day.
Women speakers Edit
- Cat Allman, "Getting Started in Free and Open Source"
- Elaine Ashton, "OpenSolaris at Sun: May You Live in Interesting Times."
- Valerie Aurora, "Btrfs: A new Linux file system"
- Addison Berry, "Open Source Documentation Doesn't Have to Suck"
- Silona Bonewald, "Hacking the Open Government"
- Deborah Bryant and others, "Bureaucrats, Technocrats and Policy Cats: How the Government is turning to Open Source, and Why."
- Angie Byron, "Using Drupal"
- Selena Deckelmann, "Linux Filesystem Performance for Databases"
- Leslie Hawthorn, " Getting Started in Free and Open Source" and "The Google Open Source Update"
- Emma Jane Hogbin, "Version Control for Mere Mortals"
- Regina Obe, "Tips and Tricks for Writing PostGIS Spatial Queries"
- Akkana Peck, "Bug Fixing for Everyone", "Featherweight Linux"
- Stormy Peters, "The Role of Users in Open Source Projects"
- Jacinta Richardson, "Just Get the Job Done! Serving the Community One Argument at a Time", "MVCs in Perl, Too Many Ways To Do It!", "Doing Perl Right"
- Karen Sandler and others, "What's in a Name: Can Trademarks be Helpful to Free Software Projects?"
- Esther Schindler, Jennifer Cloer and others, "What Open Source Projects Need to Know About Interacting with the Press"
- Skud, "Forking Encouraged"
- Laura Thomson, "2009 PHP Best Practices", "Scaling Firefox Support with PHP"
- Beth Tibbitts, "How to Write Your Own Eclipse Plug-ins"
- Kelaine Vargas, "How Green Is Our City? The Urban Forest Mapping Project"
- Elaine Wherry, "What Web App Design Can Learn From the Harpsichord"
- Saill White, "Use LINA to Reach Your Users on all Platforms"
22/248 = 8.9% (up from 8.36% last year)
Women attendees Edit
Rollcall! Please add yourself, in alphabetical order by surname.